Sunday 16 September 2012

Something Hissing This Way Comes

I feel like I'm between projects at the moment, with nothing I urgently need to get painted. Which means a dip in productivity. But my lead pile has been well bolstered this year, so I'm taking the chance to finish off some oddments.


This pair of giant snakes join my Minoans for Aegeus. The game has a number of summon-able creatures and what better than a couple of massive snakes. I was stuck for ages for how to paint them, I'm a bit of a stickler for colour themes across a force, but the Minoans had come out in bright of turquoise and blue. These are mythological creatures, which gives some room for imagination, but I didn't think either the blue or turquoise would work. Then it struck me that I could have two themes - colourful humans but the mythological creatures with a more subdued palette.


Manufacturer is Otherworld miniatures - very fine sculpts but a tad pricey at £11 for both if I recall.

Uh-oh, of all the places for an Ophidiophobe to end up

What happened to Aegeus, you ask? Well, not a huge amount over the summer unfortunately. A bit much real life in the way. But I'm sure Gharak and I will get a bit more play testing this autumn. (he's been prodding me to paint something for it, anyway).

Plenty of other stuff on the painting table, a few bits for BKC, more for Aegeus, SciFi vehicles etc. I even put some paint on some Napoleonic cavalry, shock horror.

7 comments:

  1. They're good looking models and well painted mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice but very expensive. I guess the expected low sales (not much call for them) causes the high pricing

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so, but there aren't many giant snakes out there - ive looked!

      Delete
  3. Looks great Phil. But Naps? Noooo! That path leads to madness and conflict!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, can't beat Naps for a bit of French-bashing and fabulous uniforms.

      I've an fair sized collection in 28mm, but there always seem to be more to paint!

      Delete
  4. Oh I say there rather nice, especially the one about to strike. I've got a variant of these from the same company and nearly cried when I saw how much it was, but they look so good that I had to have it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, once I had the minotaur and saw these I had to get them. And some Harpies i will paint up soon.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment if you liked this post.